- New vaccines.
- New cures to things like HIV and cancer.
- Reduce the risk of ineffective vaccines for humans.
- Help to advance in scientific discovery.
- It made medications for animals with heartworm and also to prevent heartworm.
- It harms animals.
- It is very costly.
- Spending money on animal testing instead of more important things.
- Killing endangered animals (such as polar bears).
- Causes some humans to protest against the tests.
- Animals that survive the test then have to live a life in captivity.
- Believed to be unreliable, so what might work on animals may not work on humans.
Click here for more information.